Tuesday, August 11, 2009

From west to east: Colorado

I made the decision to drop everything, forgot the dishes, and put down the pitch fork and take a little vacation, make a few discoveries, and take some time to take a look around. East bound and down, heading out of the valley toward Colorado.


Spent the first night in Idaho, got up early and witnessed a magnificent sunrise
Had some of the best campfire food I've had in a long time, little blue cheese pizzas, roasted veggies, and local brews, all whilst camping in Colorado's Rocky Mountains.

Under the Colorado moon.


When I first rolled into Colorado this is what I saw, no joke, the sky was absolutely black. Thunder storms and rain fallowed with perfectly sunny skies. That pattern continued the whole time I was there.

c

I dipped down into Utah for a bit. The northern part was actually pretty beautiful too.
At least the skies.

But then I was straight back out again into Wyoming for a lengthy (and straight) hall across the whole flat barren state.
Driving through Wyoming was very lonely. These wind Mills were every where though, and I found them very comforting, like big tall giants poking there heads over the horizon.



Landscapes changed continuously, as time and tide..

It was hard to leave, but great to be back in the beautiful Willamette valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment