Thursday, January 22, 2009

Orange Sorbet




Inspired by the stack of oranges on my table, I made some sorbet. I think I'll make sorbet out of all the extra fruit I encounter, so I can enjoy the refreshing treat every afternoon. It's very good. And makes me very happy.
I know we are in the dead of winter, surrounded by frost and frigid temperatures, but truthfully I could have ice cream and sorbet all year round regardless of the temperature outside. Chilly temperatures are not enough to keep me away from the freezer.

This sorbet a great color and taste. Squeezing the juice by hand took time, but it was so worth it. The flavor is so vibrant. Not too sweet not too sour. So here is to sorbet in the middle of winter!

Orange Sorbet
Ingredients:
1c simple syrup (50% water and 50% sugar boiled together), cooled
1c orange juice
Combine both components and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Throw in the frezeer, stirring every few hours or you could also churn it in an ice cream machine if you have one and then thrown in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment