Thursday, December 10, 2009

Creative Peppermint Bark

I love peppermint bark this time of year, but I wanted to play with the usual white chocolate on dark chocolate, plus I needed to use up same random bits of chocolate in my chocolate box, so I decided to melt all the randoms down and substitute that for the usual white! I turned out great because the miscellaneous things in the chocolates (caramel, truffle-ness, etc.) gave the top layer a great texture, a lighter consistency, and taste.



This is what I did, the recipe can be easily multiplied but this is a good basic start.

Creative Peppermint Bark Recipe

1 cup dark chocolate
1 cup random leftover chocolates
1 small candy cane, crushed

Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and spread immediately in a wax paper lined pan. Set aside and melt the random chocolates the same way. Spread over the dark chocolate once the dark chocolate is cool. Sprinkle the crushed candy over the top and set in the fridge to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment