Friday, December 11, 2009

Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today I took my last final! It was for the wine, beer, and spirits class! It went well, I feel pleased and cheery to be able to relax for a bit and look forward to the holidays!!

Tomarrow I have Arley so I thought I would make up some cookies! Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies is what I came up with. There are kinda mix between plain old chocolate chip cookies and cozy winter ginger cookies. ..mom was sceptical but they turned out great i n my opinion

These Holiday cookies are made with two forms of ginger and lots of chocolate.

Ginger Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

2/3 C chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup molasses
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger,
1 large egg, well beaten

Preheat the oven to 350F, and position racks in the top and bottom third of the oven.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, and salt.
Heat the butter in a saucepan until it is just barely melted. Remove from heat and stir in the molasses, sugar, and fresh ginger. The mixture should be warm, but not hot at this point, if it is hot to the touch let it cool a bit, so the egg dosn't cook when you add it!! Now whisk in the egg. Pour this mixture over the flour and stir until just combined. Mix in the chocolate.
Place spoonfulls of the dough a few inches apart on baking sheets., and bake for 7-10 minutes or until cookies start to become golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment